Questions for "The Xeno Solution"
Read the book?
Maybe your reading group would like to discuss
Below are some questions your group might
1) If you were being haunted by a dream
like Scott’s (at the beginning of The Xeno Solution),
would you tend to dismiss it or believe it?
2) Should Scott have pushed himself as
hard as he did, trying to get everything done as quickly as
he could, before his condition worsened? Or should he have
listened to Candice and slowed down? If you had Scott’s
medical condition, what would you do?
3) Do you think Scott’s employer
treated him fairly? Under the same circumstances, would your
company have treated you the same or differently? How do feel
about the issue of discrimination in general, when it comes
to physical/health challenges?
4) Should IRACT have taken their chances
and “come clean” publicly about the problem with
their pig organs?
5) Should animal organs ever be used for
transplanting into people---despite the best precautions---if
they will always carry some risk of infecting healthy people?
6) If animal organs are ever proven to
be safe and reasonably effective, do you think they should
be used for transplanting into people as an alternative to
7) Was there a better way for Scott to
try to find and free his children, or did he do the best that
could be done, given the circumstances?
8) Did you expect the events in Washington,
D.C. to happen as they did? If so, why? If not, what did you
9) What do you think Scott’s last
10) Was the epidemic stopped in time?
11) If you found yourself in a similar
situation---for example, if the Avian Flu spreads to humans
and morphs into a pandemic, what would you do?
Want to contact the author for answers to
these questions and more?